(*) For new orders above 1500 usd - new customers who pay with credit card will be asked to send additional identification information.
THE DEAD SEA COIN 2011/5771
Commemorative Coin in honor of the 63rd Anniversary of the State of Israel.
The Dead Sea is a combination of unique geological and geographical conditions which renders it a natural phenomenon and one of the most striking wonders of the world. At present, the Dead Sea is a deserving candidate for the title of one of the "Seven Natural Wonders of the World".
The Dead Sea:
* Is situated at the lowest point in the world, 420m below sea level, in the Jordan Rift Valley
* Is the deepest lake in the world, with a high degree of salinity
* Is rich in minerals, especially potash and bromine, which are extracted by the Dead Sea Works
* Has therapeutic and healing properties and attracts thousands of people who come for treatment
* Is surrounded by breathtaking scenery with salt cliffs, weathered into incredible shapes
* Has high density waters, making it hard to swim in but easy to float on.
* Lies in a region with a unique wildlife
* Has attracted the development of an important tourist industry
* Is located in the center of a region rich in Biblical history and archeology.
The Dead Sea waters today are shrinking fast because the intake is much less than the water lost as a result of high evaporation and the activity of man. The southern part of the lake has already completely dried up and become an area of salt deposits. The costly Dead Sea Project which is to bring water from the Red Sea to the Dead Sea, planned together by the Israelis, Jordanians and Palestinians, aims at producing energy, fresh water and further development of tourism.
The 63rd Anniversary Coin of Israel is dedicated to the Dead Sea and the importance of preserving this wonder of nature for the future. The design is based on a satellite photograph of the Dead Sea region. To the left is a native ibex (wild goat), once an endangered species, which flourishes on the nearby cliffs.
Beneath the Face Value is a "reflection" of the figure, as if it is reflected in the Sea.
A satellite view of the Dead Sea, and an Ibex, once an endangered species, representative of the natural wildlife of the area.
Prooflike coin: Smooth.
Silver and Gold Proof coins: Milled.
Prooflike coin – Star of David.
Silver and Gold Proof coins – Hebrew letter "mem" below the face value.
Gold/917 22k Proof
Star of David
Set of the 3 coins above
Set of the 2 silver coins
In order to write a review you have to own an account with the israelmint.com webiste.
If you have an account please login to your account
New customers may register for writing reviews