Israel Coins and Medals Corp. was established in 1958 by then Prime Minister Ben Gurion for the purpose of commemorating the historical events and milestones of the State of Israel, as well as its outstanding personalities and achievements in culture, science and art. The Corporation was to serve as an Ambassador for Israel through worldwide distribution of the coins issued by the Bank of Israel and State Medals.
Until 2008, the Corporation was fully owned by the Government of Israel. During 2008, it was privatized.
Throughout the years, since its inception until the present, the Corporation has strictly maintained its original character and values, just as Ben Gurion had envisioned.
Today, the Corporation has 7 shops in Israel and another 40 sales locations around the country, which are part of the G.R.A.S Design Combinations Group. ICMC mails an attractively designed catalog, monthly, to thousands of loyal customers in Israel and around the world. In addition, ICMC operates a website in several languages, which draws hundreds of new potential customers, daily. Over 30 international official distributors in over 20 countries around the world cooperate with the Corporation. Each year, ICMC exhibits and participates in several international numismatic conventions.
ICMC's Spheres of Activity:
• ICMC is the marketing arm and sole worldwide distributor for the Collector Coins issued by the Bank of Israel.
• ICMC maintains sole rights of the Government to issue the State Medals of Israel and is also commissioned by private organizations, enterprises and individuals to issue special customized medals for them. Medals issued by ICMC are struck in gold, silver, bronze and other base metals.
• ICMC issues high quality gold 999.9 bars in weights ranging from 1 gram to 1 kilogram, for investment and gifts.
• ICMC promotes Israeli Art through sales of art and Judaica designed by Israel's most talented artists.
• ICMC designs, produces and sells high quality exclusive fine-designer jewelry, in gold and sterling silver.
• ICMC collaborates with the Israel Antiquities Authority in producing replicas of ancient coins and archaeological artifacts excavated in Israel.
Most of ICMC's products come in limited, numbered editions. Each piece is a precious work, whose value increases with time, rendering it an heirloom for the generations to come.
For further information, you are invited to contact us at:
The Israel Coins & Medals Corp.
POB 2040 – 50 Bar Yehuda Road
Nesher, Israel 36660
Phone: 972-4-8212807 Fax: 8212818
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http: www.israelmint.com